Friday, October 15, 2010

Cluster

The image is more than an idea. It is a vortex or cluster of fused ideas and is endowed with energy.  - Ezra Pound









Ive always enjoyed "clusters". Grape clusters, the clusters in my Honey Bunches of Oats, even those brainstorming clusters they taught us as writing exercises. Sometimes you have a cluster fuck, but that's a separate topic, I think. 


Recently Ive experienced one of those "good" clusters - where for a few days, everything clicks and falls into place. New friends, new experiences, and as of today, new jobs. All the bad things seem to come in clusters, too. Ive often thought that makes it easier, in the end. Emotionally draining yourself all at once is sometimes easier than doing it repeatedly over time. Ive been through that kind of cluster recently, too, so I'm happy to see the upswing. 


Ive been in such a rut recently, and I feel a change is long over due. I chopped my hair off, and was offered a new job in the last 24 hours. Thats change enough...for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment